Greater Springfield Credit Union was chartered on March 2, 1927. The original office was located on Vernon St. (now Boland Way) in Springfield. The original charter was limited to those who were Municipal Employees of the City of Springfield, family members of municipal employees who resided in Springfield, and members of the Allied and Auxiliary organizations of municipal employees who resided within ten miles of the city of Springfield. Also included were state or local organizations of municipal employees.
In April, 1965, the credit union moved its office to 149 State Street in Springfield.
Eleven years later, in June 1976, the credit union moved to our present location, 1030 Wilbraham Road in Springfield.
On January 8, 1998 the charter was amended to include individuals employed by public or private colleges, private schools, health care industries, or by nonprofit organizations located in Hampden County.
On April 12, 2001 the Commissioner of Banks approved amending the charter to include anyone working, attending school, or residing in Hampden or Hampshire counties.
On February 1, 2008 the Credit Union opened a full service branch at 157 Shaker Road in East Longmeadow.
The Credit Union operates under charter from the State Banking Commission, and all deposits are insured to $250,000 under "NCUA", National Credit Union Administration. We also have insurance for deposits that exceed $250,000 through "MSIC", the
Massachusetts Share Insurance Corporation. We are also a member of the Cirrus, NYCE and SUM Networks.
The Credit Union is affiliated with the Springfield Chamber of Commerce, Members United Corporate FCU, the Pioneer Valley Chapter of Credit Unions, the Credit Union League of Massachusetts, and a member of the Better Business Bureau of Springfield.
Copyright © Harland Financial Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.